Saturday 1 March 2008

The Tyre

So, this week while I was happily trying to find a company to buy a new car tyre from, and I had all intentions of just going and getting it done at a supplier around the corner – myself, FW jumps in and insists that I go to another specific car place (for no reason other than that he has been there before, and this is usually his reasoning for choosing places). He started pointing out the possibility of being sold a retread. Then he tried to give me advice on how to recognise these types of tyres. Then he offered to go with me to the place after calling them up to query the price of the tyres. The main reason I was holding out to go with him was that, I got the feeling I was going to be ripped off when not in the proximity of a man, as has often been the case here in these parts.

We were meant to go on Thursday, but we both had crappy days so we decided on Thursday, to go today instead. So after a few days of waiting and waiting to finally cross this thing off my to-do list, this morning, after I reminded him that we were doing this, he suddenly turns around and says: Why don’t you just do it yourself?’

We weren’t even arguing or anything. I believe it’s laziness on his part, but what really pisses me off is that he made me wait all this time, when I could easily have done it myself, just to be let down!

No comments: