Thursday 31 January 2008

Compatablility and random ramblings

I was thinking today about why FW and I are so horribly incompatable and I realised a few things about myself.

I am from the kind of people who don’t argue because they want to raise someone’s blood pressure for personal pleasure (and I don’t mean of the sexual variety either), but rather who debate intelligently by understanding that some people cannot always agree with you and a compromise needs to be made sometime, without interrupting, negating ideas or being unfoundedly defensive.

I am from the kind of people who question and analyse and hold back until I know the absolute truth about something (or at least have a good idea of what the facts are) before shooting my mouth of to someone (not you ofcourse).

I am from the kind of people who don’t ask what someone else’s religion is when we are dating and don’t proceed to impose my religion (or lack thereof) onto them, I keep a lot of things to myself or at least discuss them with my closer friends instead and I try to create a good impression by supporting a ‘together’ image of myself and keeping my emotions to myself when I can prevent a scene, but who also realises the need to expose bad service or unfair treatment where it is not warranted.

This makes me irrevocably, incompatible with those of the opposite value system and ofcourse with FW. Problem is, where do I find people like myself?

It is cold, miserable, windy and rainy today and tomorrow it will snow. And someone just called (number withheld) and put the phone down as soon as I answered and FW is denying any knowledge of the person.

What will it take to get a bit of sunshine around here?

I realise now that appearances make all the difference. Good looks, thin angular faces that show clear expression and emotion, loud voices that are very clear, the kind of confidence/arrogance that goes along with either being an attention-seeker or not giving a damn that everyone else can actually hear you, in short everything I currently do not have is basically what attracts people to you.

The obvious, is that ...hang on a sec....the sun is actually coming out?!!!!!! Yippee, my prayers have been answered the sun is shining on us mortals, sending us rays of warmth and missing solace, thank you...anyway, back to the obvious, if you’re loud and visible, yes people can notice you, but is it just the noticing that makes them attracted to you or is the fact that you are enticingly confident that makes them feel more comfortable i.e. that you will be less hard work to handle?

Just thinking out a loud there, surely this is old-hat for most of you.

No comments: