Sunday 20 January 2008

Goodbye NL.

Today while stumbling through some websites, I discovered the shocking news that an old colleague friend of mine, a beautiful, sweet and caring person, was in Thailand on 26 December 2004 and passed away in the tsunami.

I can’t begin to tell you how I feel. She was typically that kind of person that makes the statement ‘only the good die young’ true.

My mind ran through so many sentimental memories of what a kind and non-judgemental person she was. Her affinity for cats and Harry Potter, her simplicity, her genuinely caring attitude, her ignorance of how beautiful she was – I realise what a truly beautiful person she was, inside and out.

I even remember one moment of silliness, when we stripped down to our underwear and went swimming in a pool at a sports ranch that our company was having a Christmas party at. We thought no one else saw us but discovered the following week that one of the tech guys was up on the roof above the pool, capturing the pool area and caught us on camera! They later edited out that scene.

NL, you were truly a gemstone, what a loss. Thanks for the good memories of your beautiful personality.

No comments: