Tuesday 19 February 2008

32 things about me

Jumping on the bandwagon...what the hell, here goes...

32 things about me

1. As far as I can remember I have always wanted to be a writer (and to be somehow involved in film), however I buckled under pressure at 17 and chose to study finance instead, a choice I have sorely regretted ever since.
2. I am a dog person
3. My favourite foods are quiche, wors and roast lamb
4. I prefer (good) sex to shopping and chocolate
5. Actually I hate shopping unless I am having a good-figure phase and everything looks good on me
6. Like every other woman I know, I love shoes
7. I had braces for 5 years when I was a teenager and I still, sometimes resist the urge to cover my mouth when laughing, because of that
8. My teeth are still not completely straight
9. I was an extra in a movie once, at 19
10. I can’t play that DVD on my player here in the UK, because it is not compatible
11. I have a fear of water
12. I left Johannesburg at 26 for London and have been here ever since
13. I once dreamt of being a millionaire by the age of 22, I eventually stopped smoking that stuff
14. I can kind of understand German, if spoken slowly and clearly
15. At 6, my father wanted me to become a doctor, at 16 he wanted me to become a beauty queen, I always had other plans
16. I learnt piano for about 3 years when I was about 7, I’m still a junior at it
17. The greatest feeling in the world, to me, is freedom, the worst, feeling trapped or stagnant with no direction, hence my mid(ish)-life crisis right now
18. I don’t have a favourite colour
19. At 19 again, I trained in Latin and Ballroom for about 4 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 6 months. I believe I can dance now.
20. I love rich, old... cabernet sauvignon wine
21. Most of my best friends were Leo
22. I wrote and directed 2 plays in high school, and began to see the genius in others, from them
23. I still hold out the hope that I will one day direct or produce something meaningful and well-received
24. I love the smell of freshly baked bread and jasmine at the start of spring
25. I don’t particularly like living in London, hence this blog
26. My best friends live in another country
27. My first proper car was a powder-blue Toyota Tazz, I had it for 5 years
28. I am an aunt to 2 beautiful little nieces, from my only sibling, my brother
29. I am not a morning person and can’t wake up until my morning shower/first coffee/first breath of fresh air from outside
30. I used to have a really tight, pert, curvy ass, but now, I have literally worked my butt off
31. I make a mean roast dinner
32. I love being in love, romance, the softer side of life and smooth jazz

Happy Monday y'all, oh and I passed my previous set of exams!

No comments: