Sunday 3 February 2008

Symptoms of cheating

Today I had a fabulous roast turkey dinner which FW cooked (after doing all the shopping), then he washed up and tidied the lounge. I offered to help but he refused. I had to ask a few times if he was feeling alright, especially as he had even switched the TV off at one point while being on the main computer (we are trying to keep the electricity bill and the noise levels down). I thought maybe he wanted to keep the flat tidy after my mammoth attempts this week of re-arranging the place and major spring cleaning, sans help.

And then he did something that he would never dare do, sober.

This requires some pre-information. FW is always secretly internet-dating. I don’t know if he actually goes on dates with the women but he certainly is in contact with them. When I first discovered this (and we were a couple), he made a huge attempt to ‘stop’ and as proof allowed me access to his passwords for cell phone itemised bills, email and computer log-on. But around November last year, after I noticed that he was keeping his cell phone very discreetly away from me, I also noticed that he had changed passwords to all of the previously accessible areas. And to confirm any doubtful suspicions, he got really drunk around Christmas and starting msn-ing off the computer, and I saw it.

Well, we are now very much, not a couple, and well on our way to eventually separating, as soon as we resolve the apartment-situation (this is so ridiculously marriage-like).

But today after making yet another statement that showed that he was assuming that we would get back together again, he msn-ed while he thought I was watching a DVD on my laptop, and even though he tried to be discreet about it, I realised that he has no intentions of ever having a real relationship with me, which as we all know is a huge relief as I can’t wait to move on.

I’m starting to see FW through the tinted lenses of my ex-boyfriend (the womaniser). My ex had unexplained disappearances motivated by simple duties like rushing off to the shop to get milk (and later when I’d check I’d realise we had enough to last a week anyway), the garbage got taken out sometimes up to twice a day, and most ridiculous, he feigned a bladder problem in restaurants, all so that he could disappear and make secret calls and texts to other women. He even once admitted to being able to text on his cell under the table- without looking (which explained more than the strange texts I sometimes got from him).

FW goes out to do the shopping, alone, early on weekend mornings, while I am still asleep: he always needs at least fuel or newspapers. The garbage gets taken out a lot more regularly, coupled with the changed passwords...you see where I’m going.

It's just a matter of time.

No comments: