Wednesday 13 February 2008

No. 92 rings my bell...

Sometimes, not often, just sometimes, I have a day that makes me feel like this place isn't so bad after all. Today was one of those days.

I had a dental appointment that proceeded flawlessly for a change, on time, no waiting, good clean-up, twenty minutes and out the door. The dentist is on the high street about a 3 minute drive down the road, so it was really convenient.

Also had a doctor's appointment which is a more convenient 3 minute walk up the complex and it has a pharmacy attached. Another trouble-free appointment, my doc actually listened to me for a change and chatted a bit, and so now I happily realise that I need physio on my right knee, and possibly acupunture, and all of this is just a 5 minute drive down the road. Oh and it seems as if my testosterone levels are too high. Not surpised really, considering my 'partner' is such a twat.

Anyway so, our neighbour from no. 92 rang our doorbell today, not the woman that spies on us but rather her 'boyfriend', or so I suspect. He wanted to speak to my 'husband' and I thought it was to do with opening the electricity meter box again so I promply called FW and left them outside the door talking.

Turns out he wanted to discuss the royal f.u. that our incompetant management company has caused and FW of course gave him exactly the wrong information. So 10 minutes later FW asked me to do some damage control and re-advise him.

I felt like a right idiot, I tell you - explaining (in a nice way) that actually as much as FW pretends as if he owns the flat, I do. I think it came out as: 'Hi, I own the flat you were just at and FW just asked me to clarify some things with you as he seems to have the wrong information.'

The poor kid, he looked young, sort of around 26 and he was so nervous talkng to me that his hands were shaking along with his voice and he seemed as if he was trying to create a good impression. Bless, bless. I did what I could. Lovely guy. Not bad looking actually...and I could hear his girlfriend shifting behind their door, listening...what is a neighbour to say about that in these circumstances?

No comments: