Saturday 9 February 2008

Expectations

Expectations: I normally set myself up for very high ones on my birthday and am equally disappointed when they don't happen.

This year I took the road less taken, for me. I said no flowers, no cards, no fancy dinners out, no stress, all I want is to wake up and do whatever it is I want for the day. It worked - perfectly.

I read the morning papers over coffee and croissants, I watched a couple of DVD's, I took a walk out in the beautiful sunshine, I did a bit of shopping, had a lovely roast dinner at home and listened to 4 and a half hours of my favourite music in the background. It was blissful.

And I got more texts, phonecalls and emails from my friends than I would normally get. And despite my requests, still got flowers from FW and some cards, and I was happy.

No comments: